The New York Times is looking for a cross between an animator and social media guru for their Associate Motion Designer, Social Video, Marketing position in New York, NY, USA. Must love videos, design, and brand animation, and be able to work across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit, and TikTok.
The New York Times is one of the world’s most influential news organizations with 1,700 journalists, and subscribers in every country in the world. The Times is known for independence, accuracy, depth and authority, and produces award-winning journalism, breaking news coverage, opinion and commentary along with deep databases of content and rich multimedia presentations.
Marketing plays a key part in extending the journalistic legacy and mission of The Times into the future. Our job is to answer the question, “Why is quality journalism worth paying for?” We create award-winning marketing that demonstrates our mission, how we’re leading the journalism industry and all the ways our readers can subscribe. Above all, we strive to be timely, straightforward and relevant in our marketing — to prove how much we value our readers and subscribers.
The associate motion designer will work as part of our multidisciplinary in-house creative team within Marketing to develop and produce the work across a broad array of social channels and platforms. You will be adept at imagining new ways to tell the stories that bring our desired messages to life in compelling ways.
A strong candidate will have experience with what makes social content compelling, and be a versatile maker, with the ability to animate and edit video footage. The work will combine photojournalism, video footage, illustration, graphics, text and sound into engaging and performative narrative campaigns. You will join our senior manager of social video as the first addition to the team, which means there’s lots of opportunity for creativity and to help establish our brand expressions on social media.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/9497-the-new-york-times-associate-motion-designer-social-video-marketing
Adobe Animate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Design, Motion, Social, Videography
July 23, 2021
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- Fitness & Wellness
- Parental Leave
- Work From Home
- Medical Benefits
What You’ll Do:
- Imagine and build highly watchable marketing videos in varying lengths and formats, including short-form Facebook videos, Instagram stories, episodic YouTube videos and formats for other new platforms. These could range from repurposed pre-existing footage and projects to original productions and campaigns.
- Partner with our senior manager of social video, as well as strategists, writers and designers within our department and across the organization to help create video content at a level consistent with The Times’s standards to increase brand awareness and subscription growth.
- Uphold motion and video creative standards and social media best practices that have a positive impact on our culture and process.
- Be curious, thoughtful and eager to learn.
- Have stellar animation skills and an eye for editing short-form video content.
What You’ll Bring:
- 1+ years hands-on experience in design, video production or social media.
- Fluency with the software used in the creative process, including Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop. Excellent editing and motion graphic skills are essential
- Foundational design knowledge (typography, grids, composition)
- An understanding of all social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit, TikTok) and how brands should participate in an authentic way.
- Energy, initiative and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You can see the possibilities beyond the scope of the assignment.
- Strong time management skills to toggle between daily and long-term tasks, keeping workstreams moving forward simultaneously.
- Ability to engage with others to cultivate an environment of learning and constructive dialogue about our work, engendering trust and respect.
- Well-versed in The New York Times’s history and exemplifies the company culture in communications and interactions.
Benefits And Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families.
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a generous parental-leave policy, which we recently expanded in response to employee feedback. Birth mothers receive 16 weeks fully paid; non-gestational parents receive 10 weeks, also fully paid.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.