Modicum is looking for an Associate Creative Director, Google Team in New York, NY, USA.
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR, GOOGLE TEAM
Modicum is looking for a motivated self-starter based in NYC to lead a team of designers and animators in supporting our partnerships across brands at Google, YouTube, and Pinterest. In this role, you’ll combine your skills as a director, designer, strategist, team builder, mentor, and client partner.
Your primary responsibility will be the health of the creative team—providing guidance, designing systems, nurturing talent, and driving team culture—while elevating the work. You’ll also collaborate with Accounts to identify and secure new opportunities, and work with other team leads on agency-level initiatives. Day-to-day you’ll lead design strategy and conceptual thinking to tell our clients’ stories across multiple channels—from motion graphics to pitches to large scale event content creation.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have extraordinary communication skills, love creative problem-solving, and get more satisfaction in facilitating great work from your team than doing it yourself. You'll have to see the big picture but not lose sight of the details.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
We’re design nerds, not design snobs. As an independent digital-first creative agency, we have the freedom to shed the bureaucracy and dive head first into making awesome stuff for all kinds of clients, including Google, Samsung, YouTube, HSS, and a ton of startups and younger brands.
At Modicum, we’ve built a diverse, ego-free roster and we believe in letting our team work how they work best—flexible, hybrid scheduling, direct access to clients, and a focus on nurturing rather than pigeonholing talent. We build genuine relationships with coworkers, give everyone a voice, and embrace true work-life balance with predictable hours and PTO that’s actually O.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/9510-modicum-associate-creative-director-google-team
July 26, 2021
- Retirement Plan
- Work From Home
- Flexible Working Hours
- Medical Benefits
WHAT IT TAKES
* 10+ years creative experience
* 3+ years as Art Director or higher managing a creative team
* Portfolio demonstrating success in a digital agency environment, including long-term client work
* Mentorship skills, including the ability to identify both strengths and training needs
* Experience preparing and delivering pitches and client reviews
* Ability to work in our Manhattan office and travel for onsite assignments once deemed safe
* A passion for conceptual thinking and an ongoing interest in the latest technology, art forms, and entertainment
NICE IF YOU ALSO HAVE
* 2 years at a startup or small agency (<50 people)
* Public speaking experience at industry forums, events, or panels
* Knowledge of live video or event production
* Fluency in Spanish
PAY & PERKS
* Competitive base salary with an annual bonus
* Health, Dental, Vision, and Flexible Spending Account
* 401K and pre-tax commuter benefits
* Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
* Discount program for everything from personal cell phone to arts and travel
* Hybrid schedule including Summer Fridays
Modicum celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive employee experience for all. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We firmly believe the more inclusive we are, the better our team and work will be.
To learn more, visit modicum.agency or check us out on Behance at behance.net/modicum.