Simons Foundation is looking for a Visual Designer/Producer, Quanta in New York, NY, USA.
Quanta Magazine seeks a visual designer/producer to assist the art department in creating and editing visual assets for web, social media and occasional print placement. The ideal candidate will be a skillful, inventive, digitally savvy visualizer who works well in a team setting, can conceptualize and execute designs according to stylistic and journalistic guidelines under tight deadlines, and can quickly familiarize themselves with new concepts, tools and workflows.
- Collaborate with the art, web and editorial staff to design and compose graphic and UI elements, figures and other visual features for the website.
- Prepare visuals for publication, primarily for web (includes color-correction and clean-up, file conversion, resizing, etc.)
- Design assets including ads and promo materials for social media, web and print.
- Learn the WordPress content management system and assist on article production and layout as needed.
- Assist with infographics, visual research and video design elements.
- Help design and maintain internal documents (presentations, handouts, etc.).
- Support the art and editorial teams as needed.
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong grasp of design principles, color theory and typography, with an awareness of current design trends.
- At least four years of experience in graphic/visual design or similar.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience working closely with teams, explaining design decisions, receiving and giving feedback.
- Must be a proactive, fast learner who can research deeply and problem-solve, especially when confronted with unfamiliar tasks or subject matter.
- A strong interest in and at least some familiarity with science, digital media and journalism.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and an excellent communicator who thrives in a collaborative setting.
- Some familiarity with basic code (HTML, CSS) and content management systems.
Job Post Linkhttps://human.workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/9914-simons-foundation-visual-designer-producer-quanta
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Content Management, CSS, HTML, Wordpress
September 9, 2021
TO APPLY, follow this link: https://simonsfoundation.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/simonsfoundationcareers/job/160-Fifth-Avenue/Visual-Designer-Producer--Quanta_R0000863
The Simons Foundation’s Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.