Yahoo Creative Studios is looking for a Freelance Full-Time Designer (Contract) in New York, NY, USA.
Yahoo Creative Studios is looking for an experienced Designer to work with our team to concept, design and execute innovative multi-platform native experiences that live across Yahoo’s and social media platforms.
This position is currently remote but is ultimately based in Yahoo’s New York City office. The role is an initial 3-month contract, with the possibility to extend beyond.
Job Post Linkhttps://human.workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/9939-yahoo-creative-studios-full-time-designer-contract
3D Generalist, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Sketch
September 10, 2021
- Work From Home
* Work with art directors and design team to elevate the aesthetic, user-experience, and typography of all content executions and proposals, big and small.
* Collaborate with strategists and content development team to concept for client proposals -- vetting ideas to optimize visually for enhanced user-experience.
* Work with Creative Strategists, Creative Operations Manager and external teams to design and finesse client proposals, internal presentations and deck templates.
* Develop expertise in publisher style guides and formats, using insight and best practices to guide the larger team and client representatives through campaign execution.
* Work with writers, producers, program managers and directors to design the look and feel of diverse content, creating the perfect visual marriage of client messaging and publisher voice.
* Oversee production of visual assets, comps and mocks appropriate to each custom assignment.
* Use visual storytelling to bring big ideas to life.
* BA/BFA in Graphic Design with 3+ years of digital design experience.
* Experience working with a branded content studio, advertising agency, design studio or editorial publishing company.
* Expertise and unquenchable interest in typography, hierarchy, layout and user experience.
* Attention to detail and desire to push the design and execution of visual content.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Google Workspace applications.
* Self-motivated, problem solver who approaches challenges with solutions.
* Mature level of diplomacy with a developed understanding of when it’s important to pick one’s battles.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize.
* A sense of humor and thick skin, but — most importantly — a nice, collaborative work ethic that prioritizes supporting fellow teammates.
* Ability to learn and self train as technology evolves.
* Digital portfolio website.
Nice to Have
* Experience in After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D or any motion graphics, modeling or animation programs
* Illustration and photography skills
* Experience in design production for web
* Basic HTML/CSS front end development skills